Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

2nd surgery time 070111 Noon


It's been I guess about 3 months and it's time to remove the plate from my shoulder. I've booked my final procedure for this Friday at noon.

I timed this just right with last weekend having one of the primo south swells of the summer and catching some of the best SoCal surf I've ever had at Trestles. As you can see from the pic there is hardly a scar just a fine pink line (as one of my friends called a "battle wound"). My amazing doctor said that the scar tissue left from this 2nd incision should be minor and not cause too much Frankensteinization. The only discomfort I now feel is from the plate especially in the morning. Its my body is trying to reject the foreign object.

I'll have to take another month off from anything deemed high risk because my clavicle is still susceptible to re-fracture due to the screw holes that were burred into the bone to hold the plate. A month of rehab, daily walks down to Trestles, focus on trading and just summer chillaxing.

"Can't Wait"



No comments: